I would like encourage all Mason Alumni to take advantage of a rare opportunity to network with fellow alumni, serve your alma mater, participate in the state political process, and mentor current Mason students who will serve and represent us in the future. All in one day!
Last year I participated in the first Mason Lobbies Day and I had no expectations. I figured I would show up for all little while, meet a few alumni and go back to work.
Four hours later, I had:
- talked to our new University President – Dr. Ángel C Cabrera,
- met State Assembly and Senate members who are also Mason Alum including Democratic Party Chair Charniele Herring (B.A. Economics)
- led a small group of alumni and students to meet with our local state representatives in their offices,
- shook hands with the Governor,
- witnessed a session of the General Assembly,
- and met and talked to alumni and current students over lunch in the General Assembly Building.
This year, the Alumni Association is sponsoring a reception the night before Mason Lobbies Day, so even if you cannot take time off work to participate at the State Capitol, the reception is a great opportunity for you to meet university leadership and fellow alumni in Richmond (and you don’t have to drive to Northern Virginia to do it).
Date – 01/29/2014
5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Don’t miss it! I look forward to meeting you.